As I write this, my darling friend Dana is busy prepping for one of her famous –or shall I say infamous —“Lady Brunches”. Let it be known, this is no hoighty-toighty affair. No white gloves or party manners allowed.
Her goal here today is to help us womanfolk savor the fresh, gentle breath of Summer. However, Summer seems to have stumbled on its way to embrace us. Our arms are open wide. Summer, where is your hot breath? (This brunch was supposed to be outside!)
Turns out, cozy inside is where we shall be. And Dana has outdone herself –yet AGAIN—whipping up a fresh, beachy, liquid breeze of a cocktail that we like to call “Cooler by the Lake”. The perfect salute to the steamy days and sultry nights ahead. (We hope.)
She is also serving up a Rip-Roaring Ricotta, Leek and Olive Tart, a Silly, Silly Salmon Dip and a Groovy Grilled Chicken Salad. Heaven. With friends like Dana, who cares about the weather!
Cooler by the Lake Cocktail Recipe
- 3 TAZO Passion Tea bags
- 2 quarts of warm water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup Smirnoff Sourced Pineapple Vodka
- 2 liters of 7 up
- You will need two 2 quart pitchers
- Fill 2 quart pitcher with warm water, add the 3 tea bags and let sit in refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Remove tea bags. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- In an empty pitcher, pour 1 quart of tea, 1/3 cup of vodka and 1/3 of the bottle of 7up.
- Add tons of ice. Makes 2 Pitchers.